Stu & Tippy's Travels

This Blog will be used to document the travels of Stuart and Tippy Reid as we travel this beautiful country in our motorhome. We will hopefully be able to share our experiences in words and pictures and allow our friends and family to enjoy them with us.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Buffalo, WY to Billings, MT

We have enjoyed the last day and a half here in Billings, MT. Our site is really special and this is the world's first KOA that started the chain. We see deer almost everytime we come and go from the park in the neighboring field. We saw a mom and two fawns yesterday in a backyard that adjoins the park. Last evening a beautiful Peacock visited the site next to us and we got a few good pictures.

We had a nice drive from Buffalo to Billings on Friday but we did get a scare when I noticed the big awning coming out while we were driving down the road. I stopped and got it fixed, I thought, and we were off again. Before I could get up to speed I saw it coming out again and had to pull over again. This time I decided to tie the awning so it couldn't come out. We were on the shoulder of the road and it tilted toward the edge of the road quite a bit so I needed to have Tippy hold the ladder so it wouldn't tip over while I tied each awning arm to the support. Fortunately there was a small hole at the top of each arm so I had a great place to tie the rope and we were on our way without further incident. I have added this onto our growing list of work while we are in Missoula next week. We saw several herds of Antelope on the trip and the countryside was really quite beautiful.

Tippy and I made a run to Walmart today and to Costco yesterday so we are pretty well stocked up at this time. We took Alex to Petsmart this morning and she really had a good time. We got some of the things she needed and she got to see some other dogs while we were there. I watched some of the golf this afternoon and was sorry to see Craig slip a little but the two birdies he made at the end helped a bit. He needs to play well tomorrow and get a big check so he can move from number 151 into the top 125 before the end of the season.

Tomorrow Tippy will go to Mass and then we will go to Best Buy in the afternoon to look at TV's for our new home, assuming we find one. We are committed to the Bose Family 48 system and need to find a good TV to go with it. I look at east Texas homes on the Lakehouse.com website from time to time but it is difficult when you can't do anything if you see something you like. I will work a bit this evening to clean up the outside of the coach and try to get it to a truck wash after all of the work is done in Missoula. More later from here or Bozeman, our next stop. Be safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home