Stu & Tippy's Travels

This Blog will be used to document the travels of Stuart and Tippy Reid as we travel this beautiful country in our motorhome. We will hopefully be able to share our experiences in words and pictures and allow our friends and family to enjoy them with us.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Relaxing in St. Louis

Hi ya'll, we got by to meet Florence yesterday and spent a few hours with her, John and Christine. Fortunately Tippy had made Lasagne to take over so that was heated and eaten by both of them. John and Christine laid down for a while and I held Florence so they could rest a bit. Another of their friends called to shorten their rest and then another friend stopped by to help out a bit. I took John down to the hospital so he could return some equipment and then we decided to head for the RV park before the traffic got too bad.

We did stop at best Buy on the way back to pick up the new computer but it wasn't ready yet. I had to return at 8:00 to get it but at least it was ready then. I worked until almost 2:00 am loading stuff into the new computer. I did buy a new USB Flash Drive which has made the transfer of data pretty easy. The computer has a reader for multiple data cards but I never looked to see which ones. Well, when I did, I found that the Compact Flash card that my camera uses was not one of them. So I will need to get a new card reader for this computer since I forgot to bring my other one from home.

Florence is really cute and we enjoyed meeting her and having an opportunity to hold her. She has had a little trouble with bilie-reuben, not sure of the spelling, but she is doing fine now and will continue to improve. We hope to get back there tomorrow to give John and Christine a break and some possible rest. Their contractor did complete the installation of the AC on Monday so they should be comfortable when the summer heat begins.

Today, Friday, May 19th, I played golf with my friend Bart and two of his friends larry and George. We had a good game and enjoyed each others company. I managed a 78, thanks to the shortness of the course and some pretty good putting. I think I forgot all of my mistakes from the layoff so maybe I should take another few months off. I stopped at Walmart on the way home and picked up a card reader so I can post some pictures tonight.

This will be the first post with the new computer and so far it seems to be working well. I still have some things to set up and several other things to learn how to use but I am sure it will come together soon. I will also do a few pictures; Bart and I at the golf course, Florence, and a shot of the St. Louis Art Museum in Forest Park from the golf course. Enjoy and be safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home