Stu & Tippy's Travels

This Blog will be used to document the travels of Stuart and Tippy Reid as we travel this beautiful country in our motorhome. We will hopefully be able to share our experiences in words and pictures and allow our friends and family to enjoy them with us.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Continuing to enjoy the Coeur d'Alene area

We are truly enjoying some wonderful weather - highs in the 80's to low 90's, lows in the 60's. On Tuesday, July 8th, we took a drive north to Newport, WA and then east to Sandpoint, ID before returning to Post falls. The drive was quite pretty with many beautiful mountain scenes and river views. We wanted to have lunch at the Beach Park in Sandpoint but we found out they didn't allow dogs in the park. We continued to drive south from Sandpoint and found a turnoff to a small lake called Mirror Lake. We parked in the shade of some trees and had a great picnic with the windows open.

On Wednesday, July 9th, I did a Golf Digest visit to the Gozzer Ranch Golf and Lake Club. This was a memorable golf experience to say the least! They picked me up at the Coeur d'Alene Hotel dock and transported me and my clubs by boat to the Gozzer Ranch property. From the dock at Gozzer Ranch we were taken by GMC Denali SUV's to the golf course. At the course I was introduced to the golf professional, Matt Baine, and he walked me around the property to get me acclimated. They have a small "shoe room" in the golf shop to change into your golf shoes. After getting into my golf shoes I was taken to the practice area where there were several staff members to provide any assistance required. Interestingly, they had small fires at every location to provide the rustic smell of an open fire.

After warming up a little Matt Baine returned and informed me that Andrew Magee, a tour professional and Golf Channel personality, would be playing with me today. Apparently Andrew works with the Discovery land Company, the developer of the property, showing prospective members,buyers, around the course and the property. We had a great day and I played pretty well on the front and a couple of bad holes on the back but the magnificent views over shadowed any poor play on my part. Andrew played very well and I think he will do well when he joins the Champions Tour in four years. The golf course, a Fazio design, is quite wonderful and is probably one of the best courses I have seen.

On Thursday, July 10th, we were going to take a lake cruise but it was very windy so we decided to go out for lunch and then just stayed in the afternoon and evening. We had a great lunch at a local Pub & Grill. Tippy had a Philly beef and I had a hamburger with Gorgonzola cheese and jalapenos, mmmm good. Today, Friday, I took the car in to have a sensor replaced and Tippy and I will go out for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We will be here in Post Falls until Tuesday but I don't know what we have planned for the last few days. More later so be safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home