Stu & Tippy's Travels

This Blog will be used to document the travels of Stuart and Tippy Reid as we travel this beautiful country in our motorhome. We will hopefully be able to share our experiences in words and pictures and allow our friends and family to enjoy them with us.

Friday, December 05, 2008

Tippy Update - Friday, December 5th

Howdy Y’all,
Well Tippy continues to improve and show her positive attitude as she fights through the pain while working with her PT’s and OT’s. They work with her for at least three hours every day in time segments of 30 – 60 minutes each. She was doing stairs this afternoon – up and down – and lots of walking. She also uses weights to strengthen her arms and legs. She is committed to get through this so she can go home ASAP. I went out and bought some clothes today so I won’t have to do so much laundry and I also picked up a few TV Dinners. I do have some steaks in the freezer, have grilled two already, and I believe some pork chops. Tippy seems worried about me getting enough but with the stuff I have purchased, and the number of restaurants in the area, it would be my own fault if I starved.

Tippy appreciates your thoughts and prayers and loves to hear from you on the phone so don’t hesitate to give her a call on her cell (702-812-9985) and say hi. If she is gone to therapy she will get back to you when she returns to her room. Alex has been moping around the coach and acting like she is sick so we are going to try to get her over to see Tippy this weekend. They don’t allow dogs into the rehab center but they do have a small courtyard where they allow you to bring your pets for visits with their peeps. I am sure that will do both of them a world of good. I can also print e-mails and take them to her or take the computer to her, they do have wireless in the rehab center, and she can respond directly to your messages. Have a great weekend and be safe.

Stu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home