Stu & Tippy's Travels

This Blog will be used to document the travels of Stuart and Tippy Reid as we travel this beautiful country in our motorhome. We will hopefully be able to share our experiences in words and pictures and allow our friends and family to enjoy them with us.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

West Yellowstone, MT

We are settled in here at the Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone, MT. On Wednesday Tippy and I went to the Imax theatre and saw a film on Yellowstone N.P. which was a great overview of the park and gave us several things we wanted to see live. We will go to see Old Faithful tomorrow and have a picnic in the park. Alex will be able to go with us so we won't be pressed for time.

Today I went fishing on the Madison River and had a wonderful time. The weather was just perfect, around 75 degrees when we finished and about 55 degrees when we first got on the river. As you can see from the pictures above the river is beautiful and I even caught some fish. I caught a couple of the White Fish, the one nice Brown Trout, and several small Rainbow Trout. My guide, Jeff, was outstanding! He could read the water like an expert and he told me just where to put my fly or nymph. I missed many bites because I didn't react quickly enough, sometimes because I was looking around at the beauty of the river and sometimes because I was just not quick enough. Enjoy the pics and be safe. We should have more pics tomorrow from the park and will try to get them posted at least by Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home