Stu & Tippy's Travels

This Blog will be used to document the travels of Stuart and Tippy Reid as we travel this beautiful country in our motorhome. We will hopefully be able to share our experiences in words and pictures and allow our friends and family to enjoy them with us.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Heading west.

We arrived in Gallup, NM yesterday afternoon, about 16 miles from the Arizona border. Today we will drive to Williams, AZ where we will; stay for two nights and catch up to ourselves a bit. Unfortunately for us the hiccups continue. Our GPS will not acquire satellites anymore and the Garmin folks told me yesterday that it would cost $190 to repair it. For another $100 I can get a new one and that is what I did. I ordered a new Garmin 1490-T unit yesterday from GPS City in Las Vegas and they will get it to us in Williams on Friday. No problems that money can't solve I guess. As I was completing my deal on the phone with GPS City we got a message on the TV screen that there was a problem with the storage device and that we should reboot the receiver. After doing this three times I called DirecTv, and to make a long story short, after over an hour on the phone, mostly on hold, I was told that they would ship a new receiver to my home in Texas! I know it doesn't make much sense since we are moving away from there at a rate of almost 300 miles a day. So after speaking to a supervisor and his manager they stuck to the company line and refused to send the receiver directly to me. The receiver will be sent to Texas where our friends Steve and Kay will retrieve it and then forward it to us at some yet undetermined location. On a brighter note the refrigerator seems to be cooling much better. Maybe it was the 100+ degree temps that caused the problem. Anyway we will be off to Williams in a little bit. We gain another hour today so we aren't in a great rush. Be safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home