Stu & Tippy's Travels

This Blog will be used to document the travels of Stuart and Tippy Reid as we travel this beautiful country in our motorhome. We will hopefully be able to share our experiences in words and pictures and allow our friends and family to enjoy them with us.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Detroit Lakes - Follow-up

Our time in Detroit Lakes was truly terrific!! The cool weather change on Monday was welcomed by all. It was a good feeling to wear long sleeves and to feel the chill in the air. I am sure all of you in southern Nevada would give a lot for a cool day or two. On Tuesday we played golf at Forest Hills G.C. with Larry. The course was pretty tight but we had a great time. Larry and Jerry came out the winners on the round robin team bets and I lost my individual bets to Mike, Jerry, and Patty. Oh well, there is always another day.

On Wednesday Jerry and I went fishing with Larry. Larry has access to a 28 foot pontoon boat and we had a good time fishing. We caught about 100 small sunfish, perch, and bass but nothing of any size. At one point I caught 6 fish on the same worm. Later in the afternoon we all, except Tippy who was doing laundry, met Larry for a sunset cruise on the lake to look at homes on the water. The trip was wonderful and we saw numerous homes that were simply gorgeous. It sure made me want to go house hunting in Tyler, TX.

On Thursday we played gold at the Wildflower G.C. but unfortunately Larry was called away on the third hole because his mom was taken to the hospital. Fortunately they were able to help her and she was sent home later in the day. The rest of us continued the round and enjoyed the prairie golf course. On Friday Tippy and I took Alex to be groomed. We went for breakfast and did some shopping while we waited for her to be done. The groomer did a great job and Alex really looks cute with the shortest cut yet.

On Saturday Jerry and I were going to play at the Detroit C.C. but the weather was bad so we canceled. I worked on the coach rubbing and buffing and just about wore myself out. Golf would surely have been easier. We had a cocktail with Larry and then went out to dinner. Tippy and I ended up at the Shorewood Bar and Grill where we enjoyed a great meal.

Today, Sunday, we traveled from Detroit Lakes to Sioux Falls, SD. The 300 mile rtip was marred with a bit of rain and some road construction but we arrived safely and on time. Tippy and I joined Jackie and Jerry for a quick trip to see the falls in town and we wern't dissapointed. There was a series of three falls that dropped a total of over 100 feet and had the remains of an old mill next to the river. Patty did dinner tonight - salad, swiss steak, mashed potatoes, noodles, and fresh sweet corn. Believe me when I say I was full when I got up from the table. I will pick up our mail here tomorrow at 8:00 and then we will head for Rapid City and Mount Rushmore. The company we use to forward our mail, Alternative Resources, is based here in Sioux Falls so going through town will allow us to pick up our mail instead of having them forward it to us at some future location. More from Rapid City, be safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home